What treatments are available?
Many doctors recommend Lymphedema Therapy to help achieve swelling reduction of the legs, arms, breast, face, or abdomen following many types of surgery, as well as to improve motion,
flexibility, and strength of the involved extremity. The Lymphedema Management Program at PRO Rehabilitation Services provides a safe and comfortable atmosphere to allow swelling reduction,
improve skin mobility, integrity, and flexibility, and to restore joint range of motion and strength.
Our Lymphedema Management Program
- 1 on 1, Hands on Therapy in a private treatment room
- Skin integrity and care
- Scar tissue massage and care
- Sequential massage called Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD)
- Compression Bandaging
- Stretching and tissue mobilization
- Exercise and functional activity
- Instruction in self-management techniques
- Compression garment fitting and don/doff instruction
- Healthy Living instruction, including, sleep hygiene, food selection, posture/positioning, and risk reduction principles.
For questions regarding our Lymphedema program at PRO Rehab, please contact Alana Carusotto, DPT, CLT at 570-823-7761.